Where to download Rocket.Chat apps?
- You can download the desktop app here
- You can download the iOS app here
- You can download the Android app here
Rocket.Chat channels to join
Rocket.Chat offers us a more scalable solution than Slack. This allows us to grow our expert community without compromising chat history. On Rocket.Chat all conversation history is saved and is not erasing. Rocket.Chat is equipped with functions that down the line help us centralize communication to one single location - Rocket.Chat.
Important to note:
- You can't change your name on Rocket.Chat. This makes it easier for our QAs to find you on the Testlio platform and vice-versa.
Good practice for Rocket.Chat communication:
- Always respond in thread to avoid making unnecessary noise to others
- Be mindful when using @name mentioning outside the normal working hours
- If a topic is closed or solved, mark your message with a check mark emoji (✅) to indicate the discussion is over
Notes about push notifications:
Rocket.Chat only sends push notifications to mobile devices if your desktop and/or web app is closed. It always prefers sending the notification to a PC. If you want to receive push notifications then when you are not active, I recommend closing the apps.
For Mobile devices - Please make sure you have enabled push notifications also from the mobile settings.
For Web App - Please make sure you have enabled push notifications from your web browser. We recommend Chrome.
A more detailed guide about rocket chat and notification settings available here.
You can reach out to community team also directly:
Kaspar on Rocket.Chat: kaspar.kikerpill
Mailis on Rocket.Chat: mailis.barath
Doris on Rocket.Chat: doris.soolate
Community team email: firstname.lastname@example.org