When you reproduce issues during or in the end of a run, the aim is to verify that the reported issues are indeed occurring and reproducible. The fixed issue verification tasks however, are assigned to testers in order to see if the fixes to the previously reported issues are working or not.
Issue verification steps:
Start out by reading the steps in the issue report and try to reproduce accordingly.
- If possible then at first try it on a different type of device (issue was reported on phone -> try to reproduce it on tablet)
- If issue reproduces, no need to reproduce on a same type of device
- If issue does not reproduce, try on the same type of device
When you are done, add a comment to the issue report as following:
- Comment as Can not reproduce the issue (aka the issue is fixed).
- Comment Can reproduce the issue aka (the fix is not complete).
- Can Reproduce/ Can not Reproduce:
- Device and OS: <Device name>, <Operating system and version>
- Testable App version: <App version>
- Network: <Network type, e.g WiFi, 4G>
And don't forget to attach necessary files!
- Device log and screen recording
- If it is an User Interface issue, only screenshot is needed
Close as Fix confirmed if the issue is fixed and you cannot reproduce
Leave as is if you can reproduce and the fix is not complete (do not remove Fixed label)
Finally, send the Test lead a list of issues which you cannot test and explain why!