A good option to record screen on your Android is the AZ Screen Recorder. You can download it from here.
Steps to use it are as follows:
- Download the AZ Screen Recorder app and launch it
- You can see options to recording, taking screenshots, live streaming, and more
- Select “Record” option
- Confirm the screen recording
- You can stop the recording by swiping down to your notifications and tap on the “Stop” button.
When you are not recording, the app keeps its logo overlaid on your screen to quickly access it. You can remove it by dragging it down to the X at the bottom.
To make the recorded video more clear for a viewer, it is a good practice to show tapping and swiping on the video.
You can set this on AZ Screen Recorder as follows:
- Go to the settings of the app (Gear logo)
- Scroll down to “Overlay information”
- Enable “Show touches”.
Things to keep in mind
In Testlio, a video screen recording attachment has to be less than 10 MB and in .mp4 format.
That means you will need to convert and reduce the size of your video files before you attach them to your bug report.
In case you will need help resizing and converting video files, use Tips from the Community article.