You are testing an app that has location dependent features or requires you to simulate moving/driving? As there have been several questions regarding spoofing your device location for test purposes, we decided to gather some tricks and tips from our community on how to set up location spoofing for your Android and iOS test devices.
For Android devices it’s easy:
- Download some location/route spoofing app to your Android device, i.e. Lockito
- Depending on your test needs, set some specific location, or create your own driving route and start spoofing.
Compared to Android, location spoofing for iOS devices is a bit more complex. To spoof your location on your device you need a Mac or Windows PC with additional software.
Spoofing location on iOS using Windows or Mac & 3uTools or iTools
- An all-in-one Windows app called 3uTools has a location spoofing gadget called Virtual Location in its toolbox, you can download it from here.
Watch a short video on how to spoof your location with 3uTools:
Spoofing location on iOS using Mac & Xcode
- We have created a step-by-step guide to getting started with the basic location spoofing using Xcode and Mac
- How to set up location spoofing in Mac