Effective: February 5, 2019
Welcome to Testlio, a global network of expert testers and an end-to-end QA management platform of Testlio Inc. (“Testlio”, “we”, or “us” ).
When you use our “Services”, which means any website, application, services we offer, or when you communicate with us, you’re trusting us with your information.
This policy covers:
- What information we collect about you
- How we use the information we collect
- How we share the information we collect
- Your choices
- Other important privacy information
The information we collect when you use the Service:
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as described below.
When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or “personal information,” which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personal information include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and a credit card or other billing information. Personal information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with personal information in various ways on the Service. For example, you provide us with personal information when you register for an account, use the Service, post User Content, make a purchase on the Service, interact with other users of the Service through a communication or messaging features, or send us customer service-related requests.
Privacy & Cookies
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device. Cookies allow a site or service to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
Some of our cookie use purposes include:
Some of the cookies we commonly use are listed below. This list is not exhaustive but illustrates the type of cookies we use and their purposes:
- io - Preserves user session state across page requests.
- JSESSIONID - Preserves users states across page requests.
- PHPSESSID - Preserves user session state across page requests.
- _lio - Used to collect information for site navigational purposes.
- rgisanonymous - Used for operational and service improvement purposes.
- rguserid - Contains a unique identifier derived from your Testlio account and is used operational and site improvement purposes.
- rguuid - Used for operational and service improvement purposes.
- _lios - Used to collect information for site navigational purposes.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service.
In addition, third parties may set cookies when you visit our website to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics deliver video or other content. These third parties use the data they process in accordance with their privacy policies.
How to control and delete cookies
Please review your web browser “Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service may not work properly.
How to find out more about cookies
You can find out more information cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as www.allaboutcookies.org. Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy or our cookies by email at email@example.com.
“Automatically Collected” Information.
When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs" or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected" information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that directly refer you to/ from the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
Third-Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons.
When you use the Service, third parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities; those third parties may also collect personally identifiable information about your online activities across different websites over time. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the Service that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the Service. Additionally, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and Testlio does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
We may offer an invitation service to tell a friend, team member, or other individuals about the Service or otherwise invite them to use the Service. If you choose to use our invitation service, we may ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as the individual’s email address. We may also offer you the opportunity to invite the individual via Third Party Sites such as Facebook or Twitter. We will automatically send the individual an email inviting him or her to try or use the Service. By providing email addresses of non-users, you represent that you have the right to do so and that such information may also be provided to any third-party service that you have designated to contact the non-user. We store and use this information to send this invitation, to register the individual if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service. The individual may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Information from Other Sources.
How we use the information we collect.
We use the information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Service.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Service (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to your User Content posted on the Service or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
- With your permission, we may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Service to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
How we share information.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with third-party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, exchange, maintenance, payment processing, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Within the scope of our authorization to do so, and in accordance with applicable data protection laws, we respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights within 30 days.
Depending on your country of residence, you may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update, or request the deletion of your personal information.
- To object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request the portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- To complain to an applicable data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, Testlio Inc. is the data controller of your Personal Information.
You can access and control your personal data that Testlio has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by logging into your Testlio account. Not all personal data processed by Testlio can be accessed or controlled via the Testlio platform. If you want to access or control personal data that is not available via the Testlio platform, you can exercise your data protection rights by contacting us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Other important privacy information
The Service may contain features or links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Service from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
Keeping your information safe
We care about the security of your information and use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at email@example.com.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that the information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. These transfers will often be made in connection with routing your communications in the most efficient way. We may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with the storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service.
Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.