Prerequisite: Click on your avatar picture > Devices > Add "Connected Device"
- Manufacturer: Amazon
- Category: pre-selected as "Connected devices"
- Model info can be found when you open your Fire TV Settings > My Fire TV > About > “Device Model”
- Check Model (listed right under About on About screen, example: Fire TV Stick 4K)
4. Model Release Date:
- Check this page to decode your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick serial number.
5. Operating System: Fire OS
- All Fire TV devices run on Fire OS (which is a heavily modified Android OS)
6. OS version: OS Version info can be found when you open
Settings > My Fire TV > About > “Device Model”
- Check Software Version (listed to the right on the About screen, example: Fire OS 220.127.116.11)
- See image 1
7. OS Release Date:
- Check this page for your Fire OS version release date.
This is an example how the final device adding screen would look like:
Please note: Your Fire TV will generally update to the newest OS version automatically in regular intervals, please verify the current OS version before every cycle.