This is a tutorial on how to get the log files on Android:
1. Go to https://developer.android.com/studio and download the version of Android Studio for your operating system.
If the correct option is not displayed under the Download button, click Download Options to see all the downloads available.
2. Install Android Studio, accepting the defaults.
3. Launch Android Studio and accept the defaults in the Android Studio Setup Wizard.
4. Set up USB debugging on the device. (Device Settings > System > About phone > Tap 5 times on the Build number > Developer options becomes enabled > Go back > Open Developer options > Turn ON USB debugging)
5. In Android Studio, click ‘Start a new Android Studio project’ > double-click the No Activity project to create an empty project > leave the defaults and click Finish.
6. Update your tools with the SDK manager.
To open the SDK Manager from Android Studio, click Tools > SDK Manager.
When an update is available for a package you already have, a dash appears in the check box next to the package.
To update an item or install a new one, click the checkbox so it shows a checkmark.
To uninstall a package, click to clear the checkbox.
7. Plug the device into the computer and allow USB debugging if prompted. If USB debugging is not allowed, the device will not show up in Android Studio.
8. The device should show up in the drop-down in the top middle of the screen.
If the device does not show up, try unplugging the USB cord and plugging it back in. If that does not work, try selecting Troubleshoot Device Connections from the same drop-down.
9. Click Logcat at the bottom of the screen to open the Logcat window.
10. Drag the top of the Logcat window up to see more of the log at once and to be able to see the icons on the side of the window easily.
11. Use the trashcan button to clear the log before performing the steps to be logged.
12. Click the drop-down to the left of the search field to change the logging level if needed.
13. To save the log click in the log window > press CTRL +A > CTRL +C (Command + A > Command +C for Mac) > paste the log into a text editor and save as a .txt file.
Android studio can also be used to get screen shots using the camera button
and screen recordings using the screen record button.
Screen recordings can be a maximum of 3 minutes.
Read about viewing logs with LogCat.
If you didn't manage to capture logs with the above tutorial, visit this page and follow the instructions to capture Android logs.