To make it easier for the client to get additional information from Testlio on a particular bug report, Testlio integration supports @-mentions feature. Namely, the customer can mention Testlio in the bug report, which will trigger an automatic notification system to the corresponding Project manager and also to the particular tester who created this bug report.
When are these notifications used?
It really depends on the client when such a mention is triggered, but usually, it means that some important information is still required for the bug report.
Some customers use this option to notify Testlio about a general matter - e.g. that this particular bug is actually by design.
What happens from the Tester’s and QA Project Manager’s point of view when @-mention is triggered?
Once an @-mention is added to some bug as a comment, the bug reporter will automatically get a task assigned.
QA Project Manager of the project will get an email notification, saying that @-mention was used by the client.
What should be the next steps from the Tester’s point of view?
Depending on the project workflow, there are several ways the task should be dealt with:
- If it’s a simple question from the client or client referred to some details missing in your bug report, please go ahead, and answer the client’s question in the bug’s comment;
- If a client requested an extra test in a comment, please confirm the need for such testing first with the project's Test lead or Project manager. In this case, separate working time will be approved for you.
- In any other scenario, please contact a Project Manager or a Test Lead.
Additional things to keep in mind as a Tester:
- Please NEVER leave a comment, that doesn’t answer the client’s question or request.
a) In such case please rather contact the Project Manager or the Test Lead
b) Examples of comments that don’t bring value are: “I don’t have a device”, “I’m on vacation and can’t do this task now”, etc.
- It might happen that the Project manager already handled the issue before you. This means that you will not see the task on the platform and you do not need to do any follow-up actions despite the fact that you did receive a new task notification.
In case of any questions, you can always turn to the project Lead or Manager.