4. Collecting Logs
a) Clear the current session in Charles by clicking on the Broom Icon
b) if not currently active - Start Recording - by activating the Record icon
If the icon is red, recording is active and calls will be captured. You now know how to record Charles logs. 🙌
How to complete the Charles Proxy Test?
Open the provided URL in Native mobile web browser
- Start Charles logs session
- Open a mobile browser on your Android or iOS smartphone
- Navigate to pages.testlio.com/charles
- Wait for the redirect
- Stop the session
- Export session as .har file format (HTTP Archive)
Once you open the listed URL, you will see a redirection page and will end up on Testlio homepage. This means you can stop the recording.
Stop recording Select File > Export Session and select Format: HTTP Archive (.har)
Upload the .har file to https://platform.testlio.com/sir-charles
That's it! You've done it! 🎉
Please note! During actual testing, logs will be saved as Charles files. For setup confirmation, we use .har file type.
- Clear previous logs before you start testing new functionality.
- To install or remove certs in the iOS system, follow iGeeksBlog tutorial.
- When all else fails, a restart of both PC and mobile device may solve issues, but make sure to Disable the Windows Proxy / MacOS proxy / Mozilla Firefox Proxy again.
- You should periodically update your certificates as they do expire.
- Some routers re-assign local IP addresses, so you should verify the IPv4 has not changed.